Monday, August 15, 2011

August A Whirl

Now that summer has come, it seems to be passing me by more quickly than I desire.  Sorry about the lack of posts.  Vacations, gardening and just plain old summer fun is to blame. But lets just get to the fun stuff.

The last 2 weeks, I have picked some amazing produce from the garden. This is my favorite part of gardening!  Pick and share and Eat Eat Eat those tomatoes.

Here is the Garden at the first part of August, it is looking a little tropical.

First week I picked this haul of summer squash.  My favorite are the flying saucer shaped Patty Pan.

More squash and green beans from the second week of August.

Chinese Cabbage leaves.  I add these to our Udon Noodle Soup


First Cabbage and Japanese Cucumbers of the year.  This is actually really late for the Cabbage. Coleslaw anyone?


Tomatoes are just starting.  These were my first picks

We were on vacation all week last week, and I came home and picked the garden and all I can say is WOW!  Anyone for a tomato Sandwich for breakfast?  Oh yes I did!


First Corn in my little corn patch, and look at those long Chinese green beans.
Lovin the peppers.  I have to figure out how to keep them from getting the sun scald, though
Turnips and Rutabaga.  Has anyone ever cooked Rutabaga?  I have to find a recipe, this is my first year planting it in my garden.  I think they taste similar to turnips. 

Veggie Dinner tonight, Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment