Saturday, August 20, 2011

More From the Garden and a TLT Sandwich

Here is what I picked out of the Garden on my Birthday.  You can see the cute table decoration that Craig put on the table for me.  I have the best Husband!  Now what should I make from this harvest? 

Ok, I blanched all the summer squash and vacuum packed and froze them.  Same with the green beans.  I shared some of the bowl of cherry tomatoes and regular tomatoes.  The collard greens made the wrap for our bean and pepper spread with cucumber, carrots, peppers, radish, sunflower seeds, and salsa.  It was yummy.  The peppers are sitting on the counter with the rest of the tomatoes they will be chopped and made into salsa.  That leaves me the cucumbers to devour on Sunday.  Yummmm   Oh, I almost forgot the melon that you can see right by the basket.  I thought it was a cantaloupe, but it was a honeydew and very ripe.  It was fine one day, and the next day it was bright yellow and ripe. 

Now for the TLT Sandwich recipe

Start with two slices of Great Harvest Bread (mmmm my favorite)  Add a gigantic slice of homegrown tomato on one side and lettuce on the other.  Add whatever dressing you would like for the bread.  We used a no fat ranch dressing. 
Slice some firm smoked tofu in thin slices and sprinkle with real maple syrup and a dash of smokey paprika.  Grill in a pan (Tiny bit of spray oil) and turn several times till firm and browned.  Place on paper towel until cool.

Add several Tofu slices on top of your Giant Tomato Slice and put the top on your sandwich and dig in.  Yummmmmm  Best Tofu Lettuce Tomato Sandwich around.  What does the tofu taste like (not chicken) it substitutes for Bacon.  It is yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment